View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Experiencer

When I had a NDE I saw no tunnel or bright light. Afterward when I was conscious in this body I knew I'd had a NDE, but wondered why I didn't experience the tunnel/light. After doing research on NDEs I found it's not uncommon to not experience the light and going into it.

IMO, I think we have to remember that in a NDE (or OBE) consciousness (the spirit, soul...whatever) is not completely severed from the body. Because of that, our ego might still have some influence (?). I've read that some say there's 'the silver thread' that needs to be severed before separation of consciousness from body is complete. Makes sense to me since no two NDErs "see" the exact same things (yet there seems to be overwhelming evidence and agreement that the experiencers have a common outcome in reality of the experience and in the importance of unconditional love).

Also, some NDErs say there is a "barrier" one must cross. This might indicate the idea of the "silver thread" (?)

I don't think anyone (at this time, anyway) can (whether a NDE, OBE or remote view that dimension where consciousness goes after final severance from the body) a perfectly complete picture of that dimension, realm...whatever. That's just my thought, and of course it's subject to change...depending on what is found in agreement and how it resonates from experiencers from multiple sources. Yet, we still have our egos to contend with...lol.