View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Experiencer
I couldn't agree more Taurmel, I think diamonds are over priced and I have heard they are artificially inflated on the market. For us, tourmaline is much more special and has a place in our hearts. It's my wife's favorite stone, and for me, well I think it's awesome too. Probably my favorite stone is either fluorite or labradorite, but both would make a lame stone for a wedding ring.

It's official, the search for my stone is done. I ended up buying the color change tourmaline for my own ring, and I will have a custom made ring made with it. It changes from red to yellow to green. I was debating between this an a indicolite blue one, but I thought this was very unique, rare and interesting. It's 5.73 carats, and measures 13.1 mm by 7.5 mm. I think it will be perfect for a men's ring. I have never bought a gemstone before, but as you all know, I have bought lots of large natural crystal clusters.

As for my wife...I still am on the hunt for the perfect tourmaline stone. She has now hinted she wants a tourmaline that has copper in it. I.E- Copper bearing tourmaline .EERRRRGGGG !! @#&!# Does this mean I have to buy her a Paribia blue tourmaline, those things are more than flawless diamonds ! Why does this woman always want the most expensive thing ? ( she is of course worth it ) Is there any other tourmaline that has copper in it ? I thought a pink or multi-coloured one would be better for a woman, but I guess the high end Pariabia Tourmaline looks a lot like diamonds, and has the price tag to go with it !

I still might get her the vintage purple tourmaline ring I posted, but of course she wouldn't get the copper bearing tourmaline that she wants, and I would have to see if I could resize it, I think I can do better getting her a custom made piece.