View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
How about this idea:

What you think of as 'God', meaning your idea of 'God', does not show up 'in' Reality because your idea of 'God' is a fiction. It (said idea) is a 'man made' dream-'figure', just the way 'Santa Claus' is a fiction and so can't/doesn't really show up 'in' Reality.

This IS (the true 'answer' to) why your (i.e. said kind of) 'God' does not 'show' himself (to you), Busby.

Falsehoods can only 'pretend' to be 'real'. They cannot 'show up' in truth/reality - as I said, any more than 'Santa Claus' can really 'show up'.

I'll leave it up to you to ponder upon how I see god but I find it well within the capabilities of something presumably supernatural/divine to appear as Santa Claus if he/she/it so wishes. I would even go so far as to say that many people picture god as an elderly, pleasant looking gentleman ideally suited to play a role at Christmas time.
Maybe there has been a time when 'God' showed up, not so long ago when in 1917 the Virgin Mary appeared to three small children at Fatima in Portugal. This was so well reported that one wonders if we aren't all a little behind the moon. The children were told by the VM that she would appear to them every month on the thirteenth day - adding that they should keep this a secret. Naturally the 'news' got out and so in the month of August after the Church had got involved, thousands of people had gathered to see this vision for themselves. To cut a long story short - I can't remember it all exactly, thousands of people saw the sun as a silver arc in the sky and saw the sun move in circles. Needless to say thousands didn't see anything of the sort.
We can make what we like of this but like everything else that has to do with what we believe it is confusing. By the way the VM gave each child a message, each of which turned out to be somewhat pointless.

On the 21st September 1995 newspapers from all over the world reported the Milk Miracle. There were reports from all corners telling how statues, mainly of Ganesh, appeared to be drinking milk. This day still ranks for Hindus as one of the greatest days, they are sure that the creator, the one behind and separate from Brahma was responsible for this sign.

Personally and having experienced 'peak experiences' to some extent I have no doubt that occasionally many of us 'see' this universal 'energy' but cannot recognise it. I still think that it would be better if my original suggestion were to be followed.