View Single Post
Old 17-07-2018, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Shivani! Thank you! for this youtube!
I skipped from. 1 min to 9minute increments waiting to be confused, LOL....i was so excited...so 19 , 29 49....i stopped at 1 hr 29....I got so excited...
I grok the whole thing!
BUT, it's not that I'm smart, but my exposure to years of ACIM...and (shhh, so much L*D decades ago),
and so many decades of hours of meditation with a Hindu background and Guru... influences my
brain....my THING is that this is all Illusion...I experience it as a Dream.

(At 8 years old I was given a 'supernatural' mystical moment...and as a child looking at everything
around me...I actually said out loud...mouth dropped,
"This is a dream....")
So that is my base of reference. At our High School Class Night ...where people get ''Most likely to Succeed" awards...
I got "Most Abstract"...and got
an abstract painting....lol!

I happen to know this place is the Illusion yogis speak of....it's 100% is not real.
Matter doesn't exist. It appears as matter, hard, smooth, soft....a tree, a chair....
But it sure isn't.

I will look at the rest of the youtube there's 15 minutes left.

(And time, space? oh right...what a fake out...there is no such thing as time OR space.
It's a good Illusion....that's why they call it an Illusion..LOL....we are all tricked by it!!!)
Nothing happens in front of our eyes that we don't create ourselves...there is a mass
Agreement here to accept, for the time being, that
there is such a thing as gravity and up and down...
and that we are these meat suits.
Don't believe it for a second!
Thank you, Miss H.

I have a similar Hindu background (I'm still one) and meditation practices too, and I've only taken 'shrooms once in my life.

It's not that I don't understand the whole concept and ideology, because I do! I just don't get the way that it has been explained here and trying to relate that to my own understanding.

There are still a few things that need 'fine tweaking'...like if I am not separate from you (which I know I am not at an energetic level), why do we have 'different lives' and 'different personalities'...and yes, the whole mind and meat suit is 'separate' and our spirit is not, but it is the mind which has the distinction of being able to think and perceive all these things.

...and, does the world totally disappear when I close my eyes and meditate, or go to sleep? I mean, light doesn't seem to exist unless we look at it, but we know that Apollo doesn't jump into his chariot and drag the sun across the sky every day...it exists on the 'other side of the world' when it is not existing on this side of it...

These are the concepts I do not understand...but maybe I wasn't meant to.