View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augadelume
I am new on my path and I have so many things about Lucid Dreaming but I have not been able to understand exactly what it is. Now I have been told and read that it is a dream in which you are aware you are dreaming but I have also been told that it is where you know you are dreaming and control the dream. I do not know which it is and am trying to understand. The reason I am wanting to understand this so bad is because I have always even since I was a young child known that I was dreaming in my dreams and every now and then I could control my dreams but now I am unable to control them no matter what I try but I do always know I am dreaming and can remember my dreams no problems.
The definition of lucid dreaming is "being aware you are dreaming while you are still dreaming".

Being able to control your dreams (lucid or not) is a separate skill. A common example of control without being lucid is daydreaming.

The combination of 'lucid' and 'control' obviously produces highly sought after experiences.

As you seem to have lots of lucid dreams, the best place to start is altering the environment around you/your avatar. Start small, like changing the color of something or make it a different time of day.

Both of these skills can occur naturally and can be learned. For most a lot of persistence is required to do them reliably (months possibly years). So just keep at it.