View Single Post
Old 22-04-2012, 02:32 AM
indigoasylum11

Quote:
Originally Posted by marblemarvel
Hi everyone, I'm quite new here but I was curious if anyone has ever experienced this.

Both my paternal grandparents were surprisingly close to me, and they both carried the same type of gifts my sister and I have. My grandfather had passed some years ago and months prior to his passing I experienced quite a bit of depression. I was out of town with my fiance at the time and I remember we were outside of our resort, and I was on the swings just passing time and being silly. I remember very clearly, out of no where, feeling light and like I was myself again. During this time, a local church bell was ringing that it was 7PM. I made such a comment to my fiance about my change in feeling.

About an hour later I got a phone call saying my grandfather had passed. I found out a few days later he was pronounced dead at 6PM MST, which was exactly when I had that light feeling (thank goodness for the church tolling).

My grandmother is on her way out but her death has been dragging. She is very unhappy about not being dead, and for the last week or so (after she had a stroke and rung us to say goodbye), my sister and I have been having some random depression and "I just want to die" feelings. My sister actually thought something was wrong with her, and I thought I was fatally ill or something and began trying to process how to die and what it meant to me. We had just talked to one another some days ago and noticed that we had the same feelings, and we both knew it was from our grandmother. I talked to my grandmother a few days ago trying to pull it out of her, and the basic gist I got was that she was pretty much just waiting to go "home" and that she thought my grandfather maybe wasn't going to meet her on the other side because, after his death, she never received dreams/visitations etc. from him. I feel like this feeling is definitely from her, and the sadness is because for whatever reason, her psychic connection has been cut off at the last moment for her to come to terms with something that she last needed to learn.

It's really kind of a beautiful moment, the finality and the mission of life coming to an end, and sad that she cannot see she is surrounded by those she wanted to be around at the last moments... but it is very bothersome to have this connection to her.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, if anything can be done prior to their passing to sever the connection or mute it so it doesn't interefere so much with my life. It's a little disconcerting to carry these feelings as I wrap up a terrible semester and prepare for my wedding in a few months.
I'm the same way. I feel others emotions. I've tried these things...praying...severing ties ect...but to no use. I guess its part of being empathetic or sensitive.