View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 09:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Interesting Starman. Thanks for the in depth info. Seems he couldn't have been to upset with his divorce (other than financially) if he had a girlfriend.

It seems at 61 he had many opportunities in his younger years, having gone through hard times, to have 'ended it all.' By his age he had surely learned that life has it's ebbs and flows.
Okay, so I am spectulating here, which is probably not a good thing to do about a person's suicide, but he was married for 10-years, and then divorced. That has got to have some impact. His girlfriend may have just been a rebound type relationship and may not have served as a subsitute for his divorce. Again, I am just spectulating, because no one but him knows why he committed suicide.

Speaking only for myself, at age-71, life lessons sometimes take more than a life-time to learn. There are people in their seventies who still have not come to terms with painful issues that happened to them when they were a child. At age-19 I was a U.S. Army soldier in Vietnam during that war, and I felt like commitng suicide. There are things that happened in my life when I was nine-teen which I have yet to come to terms with now at age-71.

An even though I have been suicidal in the past, I have now made a commitment to myself to see this Earthly journey though to a death not intentionally by my own hand. I have suffered alot in this life, lost my eyesight during the Vietnam War and was totally blind for about 5-years, lost alot of friends and relatives, and my wife to breast cancer.

Life for me has been a continual journey of adjusting my attitude and outlook on my existence. I don't think there is any good or bad, or right and wrong in this. Me having seen hundreds of people die, I have come to the conclusion that we all die when it is time for us to die and not before. When we die, in my opinion, is predetermined, and the only question is the method of our death.