View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Is resonance an interllectual understanding? I suggest not but rather it is a matter of frequency/vibration, in this context a frequency/vibration match between mind and the concept All is One to end the search. If I am reading you right, your answer is mind in what you call top down mode. Or if not, what else is it that resonates with that concept?

I wouldn’t call resonance an intellectual understanding. Intellectual understanding could be said to be where we merely have an idea about something from reasoning or hearsay. Here’s a poor example, imagine that you’ve never tasted a lemon but you know it to be sour - that’s a conceptual idea or understanding. One day you place a slice of lemon in your mouth and right there you have the felt-sense recognition that it is sour. It’s of a different order.

I have no interest in demonising the mind, the mind is a necessary and useful biological instrument. It’s just that a dominance of unnecessary (largely unconscious) cogitation distorts our perceptions and veils us from the ineffable obviousness of Life presenting as it is without a sense of separation or fragmentation… of THIS - which is not a thought or idea or concept (though we can talk about it conceptually to a certain extent.)