View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 11:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
Hello Iamit (and iamthat)

I think that what you are describing here could loosely fit with what I’ve referred to as the ’top-down’ approach. Mind is one of those words which can mean different things in different contexts. Often people use it as a synonym for the brain or the intellect - yet sometimes it is used as another name for consciousness (for instance Dzogchen talks of ‘the nature of mind’ etc.) When I say don’t look to mind I mean (and I suspect that iamthat means the same) don’t look to the analytic, abstracting, aspect of mind/the intellect since this is not (certainly, not just) about an intellectual understanding or an application of knowledge/information. But of course in its broader sense mind is involved in aspects of cognition and perception.

Is resonance an interllectual understanding? I suggest not but rather it is a matter of frequency/vibration, in this context a frequency/vibration match between mind and the concept All is One to end the search. If I am reading you right, your answer is mind in what you call top down mode. Or if not, what else is it that resonates with that concept?