View Single Post
Old 14-12-2011, 10:54 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
TzuJanLi, you started this thread almost a year ago this week. I would be grateful for you, when you have time to tell me your translations of the Tao. I've only read one translation of it (wayne dwyer's) when I found his book in the bargain bin at Borders, but while beforehand, I was never a fan of Mr. Dwyer or any self-help author for that matter, the words of the Tao struck a cord within me. I would like to study the verses.
I understand Chapter 1 as a hint, regarding the condition of our mind if we are to truly understand our relationship with our selves and our environment which is the Cosmos..

The mind that is 'still and quiet' does not relate 'names' to that which is being experienced.. 'names' are the expectations that 'labels' attach to experiences..

Stillness and quietness are deep and mysterious, allowing space for creation to unfold.. frenzy and noise fill space and distract the senses, like trying to see through dirty windows..

"Darkness within darkness", getting out of your own way, can reveal the 'way' things are.. but, the active mind will convince you of the 'way' it thinks things should be.. the difference is profound..

The 'still and quiet mind' desires nothing, and so rejects nothing, but.. receives what 'is', and sees the relationships which reveal the path of least resistance.. stillness in motion..

Be well..