View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 02:59 AM
Experiencer

I've enjoyed reading these posts. Last night, after reading some of these, I asked for a sign that my son was still around, if he is. (He died 6 1/2 years ago.) I read the post about the birds that flew overhead, with one touching someone's cheek (post 2, I think). Anyway, this morning when I was walking my dog, I heard a very loud crow, which isn't unusual, but after "talking" awhile, it flew right over my head. I don't think that has ever happened before. Then, when it landed on a nearby tree, it kept chattering. I think maybe it was a sign from my son. I thought of a picture I have of him when we was "goth"--dressed in a black overcoat, which was his habit at that time in his life. I wonder if he might have chosen to greet me in the form of a crow, sort of like "being goth" for old times sake.

Another story. I don't remember all the specifics of this one. My best friend had died not long before this, and I can't remember now what it was I was doing, but every time I took a step, the touch lamp would turn on and off. That lamp has been there 20 years, I think, and it has never done that at any other time. I believe my friend was saying hello. Once I told her that was enough (I liked it but was also a little freaked out), it quit.

Last story for now. Before my best friend died, she had recommended that I watch the series _Lie to Me_, which she had just finished watching. I had watched several episodes by the time she died, but not all of them. Eventually I continued to watch the rest of the series, and several times she had a bit of fun with me over it. Sometimes I hear words in my head, and just before watching a particular _Lie to Me_ episode, I heard a phrase that seemed insulting. I don't remember now what the phrase was, but I remember I was confused by it and wondered if my friend was mad at me or something. Then I watched the show, and that phrase came up, and suddenly my confusion was gone. My friend was giving me a "preview" of the episode! We both admire William Faulkner, but sometimes he seems like such a know-it-all that she nicknamed him William "smartypants" Faulkner. I teased her about imitating him--being a smartypants herself! That was great fun.