View Single Post
Old 30-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi TG. I lost my 20-year career as a result of burnout. In my case it was in a spiritual field of business, and my burnout was caused by a combination of usual work-related issues, combined with issues pertaining to organizational spiritual dogma and group fundamentalist behavior.

Do not waste your time speculating on negative entities. People - and spiritualists, possibly even more so - dream up every reason under the sun to avoid examining the real causes for the happenings in their lives: their thoughts, actions and life choices.

I spent years dealing with the fallout of my burnout, mostly having to do with depression and anger. After a time however, and being the responsible spiritual individual I am, I came to see the role I played in all of it. I made the choice to be part of it, to make it my career.

And for all the bad that happened, a lot of good came out of it, I certainly grew as a conscious individual because of it. I am not the same person at all, from a soul perspective. I honestly feel I have been reborn into a new consciousness paradigm as a result. I wouldn't care to go through it again, and I have re-arranged my life to ensure I never will. Nor could I, the psychic/soul damage left permanent scar. Still I am grateful for the experience.

I love the raw honesty in your reply Baile! We are often sold, and then try and sell stuff that just simply doesn't work! We'll give our-all to the project, while trying to be true to ourselves, until the point where the dysfunction becomes obvious. This can hold true in our spiritual endeavors, in our scientific undertakings, in religious pursuits ("spirituality" can become "religious" over time). We can invest ourselves socially and come up with not, we can delve into a business and watch our peace-of-mind evaporate due to the weight of unending, soul-draining challenges.

It really does suck out there! I hardly meet anyone who isn't stumbling in one way or another from the frustrations that come with current undertakings.

There is a way out, and it's really quite private. That we emotionally decouple ourselves from the imagery that we'll "make a difference" for others in one way or another. We can freely contribute to the well being of others, but the idea that we'll achieve positive feed back from our efforts should be relegated to the dust bin of good intentions.

Frankly I feel this is good news. We are granting people the integrity of their own soul-based challenges. Sometimes we have to hit absolute rock bottom before we realize that the course we're on is simply not sustainable. It's hard to watch others go through such self-made events but should we interfere there's a good chance we'd be compounding their challenge.

This all can be seen as heresy for those of us who feel that we're needed in so many ways. But I see this step as essential if we're ever to grow happy within ourselves as to what it is to be human.

The people that are growing, in the ways that are helpful, are already well-underway on their own. And the ones who aren't, won't be, until they muster-up the integrity that's required for such undertakings. The idea that we can facilitate this is admirable at best, the captain of each ship takes-leave every night into a private retreat of their own making.