View Single Post
Old 31-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
This is an open forum so I can read everything you write. I think, based on that, I'm somewhat privy to your general mindset. :)

Well then you didn't read very deeply. The same science tells me the very opposite. Our bodes and our drives are incredibly complex while our minds are so simple, leaving us with the impression that we have more control than we actually do. There's no need to go much further with this discussion until you do some more digging among the books that I pointed to. Much of your opinions about the male and female differences seem to have emerged out of the 1960's when things were defined in emotional terms. Full of thoughts about ideals, and seriously lacking in usable "are as they are's". Humans are bound in such a way that hardly allows for extensive existential variables. Here's an old Buddhist saying that seems to be talking about your general approach: If you love the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion - Linji

I realize that you're a warm and loving person and are invested with all heart and soul. I'm just suggesting that you're missing a thing or two. :)

Hahaha thank you for the kind words BTW.

Just FYI...I don't think I'm missing what you think I'm missing
(ref to Princess Bride duly noted).

I love and know what you call "the sacred" and "the ordinary", mi amigo, with no distinction, because in fact they are one and the same. It is only we who make the distinctions, and who create the obstructions we face from these self-same distinctions.

As we walk our path, our discussions often change as we gain further illumination and clarity on this realisation. Most especially, we gain insight into the simultaneous occurrence of what we perhaps used to conceptually divide as elevation and grounding.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke