Thread: A Deeper Life
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Master
A Deeper Life

With continued meditation on silence a presence builds within, a dynamic fullness different from anything previously felt, and increasingly you live your days quiet and centered inside. There are no opposites in the formless spiritual realm and you learn how to move in complete stillness within your own being, and not get stuck or caught in thoughts and feelings.

My spiritual guide is much more than a guide to me; it enfolds me with a feeling of sweetness, gives me clarity and light to see, protects me from danger in this world and beyond, and most of all it protects me from my own dysfunction, or the ongoing battle which I have had with myself. I, on a deeper level, are my own spiritual guide; the relationship is one which I have with myself. A relationship that took persistent practice to develop.

We often fight against the very thing that would save us. It is all about the relationship which we have with ourselves, as the character of that relationship is what we offer to others. There are many realities that manifest during a day. If so-called “bad” news comes, that’s a reality. If I have responsibilities to take care of, that is a reality. But for all the realities that are ever changing, there is one reality that always remains exactly the same, regardless of time and place, and it is that reality that I must allow to address me and inform me.

It informs me on all of the other ever changing realities that may enter my world. It informs me of the ebb and flow of my own being. This is the reality which I merge with in quiet meditation. It is wise to learn how to master uncertainty and for me that mastery comes in inner silence. This world is ever changing and fraught with uncertainty but it is fortunate that in this uncertainty we can learn and grow from the certainty of our deeper being. Some say “higher Self” or use some other term; it does not matter what we call it, but it does matter whether or not we embrace it; what I call “our deeper being” is actually beyond words and holds no identity whatsoever.

A deeper life, not living on the surface embroiled in the symptoms that come from below the surface; accessing a deeper cause within my own being and not just the superficial symptoms that appear on the surface. Most people believe that because their physical body is on the surface that they need to dwell on the surface but for me that kind of thinking says I really do not know myself on a deep level. That knowing grows with practice and for some it may take more than a lifetime while for others it may be instant; for me in this lifetime the relationship which I now have with myself took decades of inner work to develop. Life is a gift but you have to unwrap the package to truly behold that most precious gift.

My deeper being takes care of me like “the lilies of the field” which does not toil. Opportunities are moved in front of me without my even asking, and my quiet meditation gives me the clarity to see a lot of those opportunities. In the serendipitous flow of life I am clothed, feed, and protected, without giving it much thought. There is a treasure inside our lives; deep within our own being, if we but dig for it and persevere to discover it. It is beyond thoughts, it is beyond words, concepts, paradigms, and ideas; yet we can access it in deep inner silence.