View Single Post
Old 24-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Im intrigued by your 0.5 per cent status....

Actually, 99.5% of the members, from what I've seen on this forum, are Westerners [Americans, Brits / UKers, Australians, and maybe a spattering of western Europeans] and Christians or ex-Christians [or similarly highly religious rather than of spiritual belief systems].

But since you asked.

I was born in Niigata Japan, spent my first fifteen years between Japan and spending some years with my mother's sister & husband (British) who had lived in many locations in China for 35 years. Aside from my mum's British / German & Canadian relatives, I also have a number of relatives on both sides living in countries that are oftentimes called "alarmingly atheist" when in reality they are more spiritual and have never entirely lost their old beliefs / customs or the old mythology despite the Church's influence.

My grandmother, for example, has followed and practiced in a "religion" [though not a religion as those in the first paragraph would really ever understand] in a role that has existed widely unchanged for more than 2,000 years. The ancient practitioners were, after all, recorded with reverence by scholars alive during the Han Dynasty.

My point - most of the questions asked already that I read, I already have an answer to either through my own experiences, a relative's, or by someone I have encountered with my traveling. I have, after all, thanks to my career travelled lots. When living in India with my cousin (who has lived there almost his entire life), during summer break from university, for example, the village did have a sādhu.

That doesn't mean I don't have questions.

But Sparrow's commentary at the start they could apparently talk with and/or travel in the afterlife for answers caught my eye. After all, the after life, is all encompassing. So even if my skin green, my cornea indigo, the irises glowing red, and I had slits for nostrils Sparrow should be capable of seeking an answer right?