View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:34 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
I use endive all kinds of ways. Throw a few leaves in our afternoon smoothies, raw in salads, mixed into stir fries, nibble on some plain, raw leaves just because....

Sounds yummy! :^)

I'm finally getting a small dehydrator over the weekend (that we've had in storage), along with a meat slicer in order to slice-up pineapple and things into dehydrator size portions!
(I'll be driving to the western side of washington state for a few days to do some quick work on our home over there... :^)

We've also been having a gas with this whole fermenting process! So far home-made yogurt with whole organic milk, as well as kefir using whole organic
"raw" milk (the yogurt we have to heat to 180F anyway so it seemed silly to sacrifice the more expensive raw milk when the "already pasteurized" will do! )

And then the veggie fermenting is well under way... gotta watch that one though.. fermented veggies are pretty heady stuff... there's a thing called
the die-off that occurs when the good biotics in the fermented veggies attack the bad biotics in our gut... made me queasy the other day when I
tied it... this process is for real! :^)