Thread: Enlightenment
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:37 PM
PaulChapmanTasmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I'd like to make a point here that this is a discussion forum first and foremost. Discussion implying that no one is under any expectation to have to believe or be convinced of anything else. Being more aggressive isn't going to help. If you want to discuss this topic, it's all well and good - yay for expanding our minds! But can we avoid the idea that "converting" any one person's thoughts is a goal here. It's not.

SF is NOT a battleground and should not be used as such to push any particular idea on anyone else or as a soapbox to say who is or isn't enlightened. Frankly, it seems like you're all saying the same thing but arguing about the words used to say it.

We're at 475 pages now - it's starting to look like this isn't a discussion but is more of 'who can poke who's chest hardest'.

With the deepest respect; I understand that when, we as seperate selfs, connect to become integrated selves, what is first revealed is its opposition, in other words the recognition of how we actually feel about others, beneath all the so called associations about what it means to be 'spiritual', the animalistic nature that governs our existence here. The potential spiritual component (in Man) is that despite these sensations, we rise above them to mutually support one another.
I think that sharing of ones opinions and frustrations etc, reveal to the writer a greater truth and to the recipients another level to rise above, after all what we agree with is what we have already attained, the fact that this thread is active, to me is valued, it means that there is connection.
If we or I can always keep in mind the underlying root connection with all, then perhaps we can deepen our connection to something of real value that constantly has us striving to support one another.