Thread: Looking to hard
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 12:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Likewise I agree.

But it seems to be a paradox that we have to make the effort in order to reach the point where we can let go of effort. We strive until we surrender and let of of striving. When we surrender then we allow things to be whatever they are.

We accept that we are helpless in the sense that it is all out of our control, and suddenly we are no longer afraid that we have no control.

So we let go of hope in some future spiritual awakening, and we awaken to that which is present in this moment.

We struggle because we resist life. Letting go of resistance is the key to being present.

Peace.

Hi iamthat,

You touch upon control and letting this go. This has been something I have and at times still work through.

What comes to me is there is not a whole lot I can control, so switch the thinking to how to deal and/or live with it. Which relieves the pressure upon myself.

Another way I look at it is life can have its struggles. This for me comes with the territory. So, how to stay focused on the task at hand (so to speak) and find trust in ones own strengths. This for me is also letting go of resisting.

Resisting in the sense that one is worthy and what is being brought forth in the present moment. Ask; for how can one move forward if stuck in the same place ( atleast mentally)?

I realize there are things in life and happen in life I can not do anything about. But, I can work on finding ways to adjust and if possible help change the perspective of it.

Thank you