View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Lorelyen

I took a peek at your profile. Please don’t think I’m being condescending because I’m really not: You’re 20, you have miles of life before you and right now you’re in a relatively turbulent age segment crossing from teenage to twenties; education to working life, a predominance of ideals to the more practical.

Exciting times. You ask many questions and you’ll no doubt get plenty of replies here. But what you ask are things that you’ll answer on your spiritual path in due time.

For many reasons it’s becoming a rotten world but there is still good in it and the more good that can bring people together the better. So I picked up on your point about being kind and sensitive being seen as weak. Same with politeness. This seems often the case.

In a competitive world there are those who take advantage of others they perceive as weak so unfortunately we have to guard against becoming doormats and sometimes have to be assertive, to say “no”. It’s a balance and assertiveness has to be learned. It isn’t easy for some. If we don’t; if we allow them their way they’ll simply drain our emotional energies to the point where we’re little use to anyone including ourselves – until we break away to recoup. But these qualities are precious and you should never give them up. (Well, that’s impossible if they’re a part of you.) They will be noticed and appreciated by many in the end. Florence Nightingale never gave up.

I’m not sure it resolves as extrovert egos – true, assertiveness comes easier because extroverts are more gregarious and interact more but introverts are just as ego-ridden, more directed toward themselves. It’s also about self-confidence and knowing when you’re right (so to speak) - things that will come when you see the good of your actions.

The point is you and your values are you and if you see yourself spiritually inspired, you’re setting out asking the right questions.