View Single Post
Old 25-01-2020, 01:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
But why do our souls exist? Souls obviously have complex skills and therefore must have complex mechanisms inside themselves - or, in other words, souls must be complex mechanisms. For a complex mechanism to exist one out of two things is required: either a creator or a process of evolution. How could something complex else exist?
The fist explanation involves a problem: If god or “a creator” created souls, he himself had to be a very complex entity what would beg the question why he exists. So, all god-theories have no explanatory power but are circular reasoning instead.

This is why I prefer the second explanation: namely that our souls exist because there’s a kind of soul-evolution in the beyond thanks to which we, as souls, exist. Although the idea of a creator has no explanatory power I don’t rule out that there have been other souls (older souls evolved through soul-evolution) that once helped my soul to form. As well as we, as souls, might help younger souls (or diffuse clouds of energy) to come into existence. What do you think?

I think soul evolution leads to the same question: Why does it exist? Why do souls have to evolve? If they are *whole* then why be here? If it's due to past life, then we're left with circular reasoning too, it's just past life ad infinitum as an explanation. If there is a cycle of death and rebirth than what is the origin of that? If there is no origin than nobody can be responsible. If there is an origin it means there was a 'Fall'. Why fall in a cycle if we were whole?

Maybe instead it's just one grand experiment and we aren't really in control. That's my take on this..