View Single Post
Old 28-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Yes there is an end of this particular journey.

At 'the end' of the journey, the end of our lives and experiences away from the creator, we'll merge back into whatever that creator - God if you prefer - actually is.

At that point we will again become as one with it and cease to have individuality.

That is actually not so; individuality is retained. There is the old theory that when we die, and even someday when time ends, everything will be sucked back up into the Divine and be absorbed. But then there are many other religions that teach the opposite. I think in the day and age that we live in, we have enough paranormal evidences that prove that souls retain their individual being upon death and beyond. Not to mention, if you really follow through with the whole absorption theory, it just doesn't make logical sense. If there be an all wise, all knowing and all loving Divine Being; why would it create the vast variety of life, only to watch or play with it for a while and then mop it all up like a sponge one day? That would actually make life meaningless and it would have no purpose. The entire universe would just be a show for some cosmic television watcher. And that is not what God is...

I know the absorption theory is a favorite to many in the modern day; but it is little more than an excuse for many to espouse the nonsensical argument that everything is an illusion, and therefore there is no right, no wrong, no good and no evil... Everything just is and we can basically do anything we please and never have to fear giving an account of our lives in the end. Thus it is fashionable to reduce the Divine to nothing more than an impersonal energy that can somehow daydream the universe into being... And I am sorry to report, that this is not so.