View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymus

It was a weird experience. Me and my friend never went back. On the way home, we did the calculations. $5 times 100-200 people was about $500-$1000 they made in just one hour. Not bad.

I have been to stalls selling Yogananda books and never had such an experience. I was even given a free book once.

Perhaps the money was being used for charity purposes, as Yogananda built a lot of international community centers around the world, for the sake of promoting internationalism where people from different countries could live together and bond with each other.

I was just thinking today about the trillions being wasted on nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles which can destroy the world many times over, and the greed for more such weapons, without any foresight on the worse case scenarios that can issue out of it for the respective countries.

It is unfortunate.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon