View Single Post
Old 27-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Lorelyen

I think we all occasionally run into moments of negativity - can't be helped because often we're beholden to other people in our lives whose decisions may set us at a disadvantage, temporarily one hopes! Same with losing things. So it's often just a reaction which can usually be dispelled. Sometimes not. If you lose your job you're entitled to feel a bit negative but you override it with positive affirmation: you will find a new, satisfying job, etc.

I think you've already come up with a good affirmation: your attitude grows more positive by the day. Say it to yourself; say it out aloud in front of a mirror - and always smile (inwardly when you affirm inwardly) and in the mirror when affirming before one.

About words. You could create an affirmation specifically about your eloquence or improving your vocab - or cutting out swearing or whatever you want to change. It may not be necessary if a general affirmation about improved / positive attitude works.

Have a look through a few threads - you're sure to come up with your own ideas when you see what others are up to.

My suggestion is always look to the future - never the past. It must be about "things getting better every day," not "I'm moving away from some (past condition)" as that takes you back into what you want to lose.

And give it time. Results won't come over night. You may have to go on indefinitely, you may achieve a lot in a week...depends what you're aiming to do. Repeat it often. Make a note to affirm at the very least when you wake up in the morning and last thing at night, but you really need to do it often. At elevenses, lunch-time, tea time, when you pass a mirror etc.

Visualisation is important too. Given a few meditative moments - times when, like, you might daydream, see yourself in situations that yield a positive outcome. Smile a lot in your vision. If it lands on something contentious, see yourself willing to sort the problem out.

Keep us in touch with progress.

Bests...