View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
The Zohar does speak of it. I don't think you'll find the label "twin flames" anywhere, LOL...but you find the concept explained quite well. Adam Kadmon was originally male and female, back to back, and Eve was taken from the [back] of Adam. Commonly translated as "rib". At this point, the two souls were housed in their respective physical shells, so that Adam wouldn't be alone.
The Zohar speaks about the different layers of the soul. I haven't found anything about twin flames, or a soul that was split. Please show passages where I can find this. Adam Kadmon is about the 'father soul' of all human souls. What we see here is a cultural belief and a creation myth of a specific time and place, where only humans are beings with a soul. And there's also the idea of a original soul. Nothing whatsoever about the split of a soul that becomes feminine and masculine.

In the ancient world, it was also very common to see rationality as a quality of the soul. But in our time, we believe rationality is a quality of the mind. That's just to show you how the time we live in shapes our beliefs.

Quote:
I think you can read many texts by Rumi, Hafiz, and other Sufi masters and find a parallel...I have, although these are typically collected writing and are "lumped" together under "Rumi's collected writings", LOL...and similar. It is a simple fact that the more esoteric Sufi works are harder to find in translation and are more closely guarded...this is in part a reflection of the climate in which they find themselves, as they are already considered "fringe" in Islam.
''More closely guarded''? What's that supposed to mean? Have you read it or not?

Quote:
The Vedic texts...there are so many. This is the earliest wide-scale dissemination of the hermetic teachings of antiquity...the same themes we see in the hermeticism of ancient Egypt and the Near East. They are not all in the Bhagavad Gita or the Upanishads. Techically much of the esoteric teachings on twin souls is contained in the Tantrika Parampara, or the 92 sacred tantric texts. There are said to be parallel teachings in the Buddhist Vajrayana tantric tradition, but they are closely guarded so as not to be misused or misinterpreted.
Yeah there are many Vedic texts. You said they speak about a soul split, could you tell me the specific text where I can read about this?
I really like to see these specific texts (links, passages etc.) as eastern teachings usually speak about the existence of an individual soul (no split) or no soul.

Quote:
Hinduism teaches that Avatars incarnate the Essence of this trinity and bring teachings for each culture, place and time. Hinduism also taught the sacredness of the Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine polarities of the Godhead, which are reflected in the divine union "below" of male and female twin souls.
Hinduism's teachings, mythology and so forth is all about the Indian subcontinent. It speaks about Indian people, places, animals, rivers and plants. Muslims also say God brought prophets to all the people around the world, but that's not in line with their religious beliefs at all.
Texts may speak about 'divine' masculine and feminine polarities, but that's a whole different story then the split of a soul, don't you think?

Cheers.