View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 08:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Of course you do. What you accuse others of is exactly what you do, and to be fair, no one can have a conversation with someone who’s never walked into the woods but claims he is the master of the trees. It’s like debating the word peace with someone who is constantly on edge, and argues peace is a fabrication aimed at the gullible. There is no point, do you see?

As to Hinduism, have you ever heard of the concept of respect? And if you haven’t, have you ever considered that until you try it out for yourself, perhaps you don’t really understand what you are talking about, and to not mock that which is respected by another, and does no harm? The reason most people don’t walk into religious halls and stand there mocking its followers is due to the understanding of the limitations of ones own biases and beliefs, plus basic human decency. What makes you believe a forum is any different? Let alone when it’s clear that you don’t have any significant conception of spirituality in real life, and are extremely strongly enmeshed in your own beliefs, that I doubt this is a pattern only related to spiritual topics. Any serious inquirer would act differently. I’ve never seen you change your mind once, and even dear inavalan can’t get through, and he’s not even a follower of any religion as far as I can see.

I have complimented Hinduism various times on here. I enjoy its variety and practicality, have applied a couple of practices, and I've complimented it here in my previous post. However, I won't shy away from questioning its conclusions or many of the concepts raised [karma, samsara, liberation, etc.], which is exactly what a discussion forum is for.

You on the other hand do not like that one bit. You have always been very antagonizing towards anyone who is exploring and questioning commonly held traditional beliefs or has a different interpretation of guru's. You do not respond with reason or develop arguments, because you dislike the ''intellect'' by your own account, so instead you respond with emotion and venom.

You talk about peace and decency but you accuse others of not being spiritual, and try to get to them personally, because they question guru's and commonly held beliefs. I think you need to look at yourself first before you talk about peace and decency.

Last edited by Altair : 11-01-2020 at 09:52 AM.