View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Thank you stars and nameless!

Nameless... that excercise sounds amazing. So glad I read it.

I'm going to try that!

You're welcome

Stars - regarding self love. That is an important step with learning to channel. I couldn't channel until I had done a lot of work on myself and dropping a lot of the baggage I had been carrying with me all these years and learning to love myself.

Then the words started flowing.

I think it is a journey, and learning to love yourself is the first step, but that first step can take as long as it takes, but it is the most important one.

I was reading Seth Speaks at the time (long story, good book) and in it, one of the premises in it is to stop caring what others think about you, and what you think others think about you, and only care what you think about yourself. And in the course of that journey, I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself I love You and... I didn't believe it! Instantly, it didn't feel like i believed it. I was amazed - I thought I loved myself, I took it for granted that I did, but when I tried to look at myself and tell myself that I did, I didn't believe it. That was a real eye-opener.

I think, for me, I had to clear away the cobwebs of the life I had lived, let go of the baggage from the past, and feel good about myself before I could channel. It's like - he says you have to kick some rocks around, and I did a lot of kicking rocks :) But then your filter is clear, and the debris field is clean, and your job as a channel is to try and keep your filter as clear as you can.

Everything that is channeled is filtered - the only way around that is to be a trance channel, and I have no desire to do that. So whatever my belief system is, is the filter that I channel through.

And when you question your belief system is when it gets really interesting. Why do I believe (such and such) and who gave me that belief? It is amazing how many things I believed that I was gifted - from my parents, from school, from church, from society. It didn't take much to release a belief that was not mine, but first you have to find them and look at them!

I like this one exerpt from Jane Roberts channeling Seth about beliefs. It helped me question mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlrhvAYgwH8