View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 08:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The bolded jumped out for me, Busby.
I never knew this about you, that I remember anyway.
I did have to look hard to see ...'Did I write this?' Lol.

Cosmic Consciousness is an amazing thing - it elevates us, common people, to heights the great saints
and mystics of all cultures experienced.

It takes a child into the wisdom his soul knows and just left!
I do tend to think our past lives of God-focus paved the way.
Cuz we both know, as children we didn't 'deserve' such blessings, nor all
the other many many Divine moments when the Doors of Perception were inexplicably opened to us,
seeing this that we see is not real, at all.
I think we both were lead to find out what is.

I've just come across this thread again. It is one that really should be continued and discussed until exhausted.

I think that many of us, and this has been shown by general questionnaires, occasionally 'pop our heads' above the everyday level of consciousness and have experiences which don't really belong to physical existence. Some of these moments seem to be pointless or hardly worth mentioning - these moments people call 'synchronicities' which can be so banal that the mind quickly disposes of them. These moments are where our feedback to the universe momentarily becomes sensed.

World literature has many reports of people's minds rising above their everyday mind level and showing something unbelievingly overwhelming.
Let me tell you a story - true of course - but one which shook me to my very core.

My wife died in 2009, we had been together since 1959 - 50 years. Clearly I was heartbroken but had to get on with living. One odd thing occurred almost straight away. I told my sons that I needed a new flat, I needed to downsize and be somewhere new. I told them this one morning, only days after my wife's death. On the same day in the afternoon I had a lovely new flat, almost a copy of the one in which we had spent so many years together. Somehow, I'm sure, my wife arranged this…(there were other things too).

In 2012 I decided to take a holiday, on my own for the first time. I chose Sicily as a destination and booked a coach trip taking ten days. The trip was by road and ship so we went through the alps down into southern Switzerland where my wife and I had spent many a holiday - mainly rambling. As the coach passed through this part of the world memories crowded my brain and I became quite unhappy, waiting painfully for the coach to cross into Italy and get me out of the state of unhappiness I was in.

Once in Sicily, a lovely place, we coachers travelled to a new place every day. Then came the day when our trip was to Mount Etna. Here I have to say that both my wife and I had spent many winter months on the Canary Islands and loved these volcanic islands madly. Especially Lanzarote. As the coach made its way up towards the higher reaches of Etna memories of our volcanic holidays returned to torment me and I again fell into a very unhappy mood, wishing I wasn't there and filled with despair.
I had a good seat on the coach and a good view so imagine how I reacted when I saw a single Graffiti on a wall (built of lava stones) - there were three words, 'Busby ti amo' (my real surname of course, not Busby), as said there were no other graffitis around this, the graffiti was on its own, and I immediately reacted. My mind opened up. I can only put it like this. I saw the whole universe and how past, present and future are all the same thing. I understood the great correlations between the micro and the macro cosmos, I understood that I was part of a great scheme of things where everything no matter how minute plays its role in this thing we call life. I was flabbergasted. As it happens the coach went back down the same way so I was able to fake a photo of the graffiti.

I'll never forget that.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.