Thread: The Shiva Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulGenesis
I visited India 2 times and from a certain perspective/peace I felt at home there. But then I also got bored and indifference toward death must not mean the state of death. It is not yet the living promised land, but it helps reaching there. ;-)
And yes - Shiva exists in the paintings and they cost (almost) nothing and are maybe more valuable than the ones of Salvador Dali. ;-)
The advice not to make an image of God is IMHO just an advice, i.e. proceed at own risk and responsibility. Although it never can really be God, but just something that helps understand according to our mental potentials.
There certainly also is an evolution in the paintings, i.e. it's crystallizing itself.
Hinduism also lacks rational/logical philosophical thought. So they say that one day "Kaliyuga" will be finished, but just like that. There's no reason why and what the time waiting is good for us.
Namaste..

How much do you know about Hinduism to make those claims?

If you want logical and rational philosophical thought in Hinduism, you read the Upanishads...You study Patanjali and Adi Shankaracharya...even those things which seem like illogical and fanciful mythology all have an incredibly deep meanings behind them.....but only a Hindu can truly understand this....It is not apparent to an "outsider" or one from a different religion...and unless you know what Shiva is, you can't really say what he is not.

Aum Namah Shivaya