View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello,

Has anyone read The Emerald Tablets of Thoth?

Here's the link: Emerald Tablets of Thoth

I haven't finished reading all the tablets, but it's interesting thus far.

Lepus

Hi Lepus,

Cool link, I book marked it.

I learned a bit on the Emerald Tablet when I was at the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum in San Jose, California a few months ago. They have pretty large show case display on Egyptian Alchemy. They had a large replica of the Emerald Tablet as well. From my understanding, historians haven't exactly pinned the translation ( as there are various translations) However, at the Rosicrucian museums ( located in various states)specifically use and showcase The seven phases of alchemy,. This system is like a purification process ( or transformation) leading to 'accession', reminds me a bit of working with the 7 charka system if you think about it.

I liked seeing how The alchemist worked with the same elements 'paganist' or similar groups use/adopted today. The same elements in Astrology and tarot of earth,air,wind, fire.

For each 7 stages, they used specific rocks, crystals and minerals to do their 'work'. Example, display. Here is step 1 one of the 7 'steps', Calcination or 'working with fire'. It's all really fascinating

Fascinating read: Read here on the Seven Phases of Alchemy