View Single Post
Old 19-05-2020, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chac Chel
Thanks for trying to help me, a bit.

I agree. what you say is true, we are inclined to put a border, protect ourselves from being taken advantage.So we need time to figure out if the other person is genuine, if they are looking for a true connection or they are just looking for out for the peripherals.

I travel a lot, keep moving where the winds take me.. and dont have the gift of time to sit at leisure to socialize. Perhaps i should take time, sometimes even think of settling...

I am of Q'eqchi ethnicity of Mayan origins! The original name of my place is "Balis" - meaning swampy earthy waters. but the names are changed by the powers that be and now it is called Belize. My heart feel disconnected when i say this new word(no rhythm inside my heart) and that is why i say it is of a pretense, not that i m lying! But who cares for the heart when we are engaged in the conventions of time.

If i may ask, Where are you from Josephine(real name?) Would you feel like pretending if the name of your native is changed from what is now? Lets even go further, what if it is forcibly given a name from a language you do not speak and come from? Could you kindly imagine this situation and try to feel the pain of being forgotten, lost and led to a wandering?

We are one of the most vulnerable on planet earth, just like many other indigenous cultures. From my travels, i observed that indigenous people from around the world, connect instantly, in a much deeper level than most people from the civilized world. why do civilized people need time to connect, when they are already beyond basic vulnerabilities!?

Likewise i had the privilege to connect deeply with civilized people too. They were not similar to their collective. They were usually not patriotic, did not adhere to any religions, or have strong political inclinations etc., These some, did not emanate fear, they were down to earth, had an angelic glow in them, their eyes made contact direct from their soul, similar to most of the indigenous people.

I m so grateful to have met people from both the worlds. Still looking to connect with people from the civilized world(needs effort), which is one of the reasons that made me come to this forum , so i can spend time(while i travel), learn about civilized people, find similarities, perhaps even learn about fears, share wonderful things about this beautiful dream of life(which is common to both the new and the old worlds) to understand better and possibly connect deep.

Yes, so you understand that people don't want to be taken advantage, to possibly get hurt, that's a good reason, no?

That's great you're able to do lots of travelling. Or has this been forced upon you? It'll take patience and time to get to know people if that's what you want.

When someone asks where you're from, could you say I'm from a country now called Belize, Q'eqchi ethnicity of Mayan origins. I'm sure that'll spark much interest for a conversation. Must be difficult to be from a history you describe.

I dwell in the green and pleasant land btw