View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Experiencer

I was pretty similar to your mom...accepted science as the only way to understand our world...that when you die, you're dead. Period. Well, guess what...? It IS the only way...to study our PHYSICAL world. However, consciousness...that which many of us call the spiritual ...can't be studied per the scientific method, leastwise yet. Physics may take us there some day.

So, you ask what happens to a total materialist when they die? With me, having had a NDE due to a heart attack, my true, inner being (consciousness) was freed from the ego (the physical brain...mind) and I learned/perceived the reality of existence. With some, because the ego has made such a strong imprint on consciousness, it may not be relevant at first, hence why some experience hell or some negativity. But I think for most, it will get there. Of course, none of this can be substantiated by the scientific process (at this time). That's why many who marvel at wonders of scientific research might scoff at all things spiritual. But I've found in the end, it's a homecoming...an epiphany...no matter what we "believed" or "didn't believe" in this life.