View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zem
Unfortunately people have been led to believe that if you don't speak in tongues, you don't have the holy spirit. While I believe that speaking in tongues can be EVIDENCE of the holy spirit, I don't believe it is a necessity. Because of this social pressure to "prove" oneself of having the Holy Spirit, the church world is full of fakers who say all the words are just exploding from them with no effort on their part.

I think if people were a bit more humble and said to each other: "let's try speaking in tongues by making noises with our mouths and see how we feel", they would find it a lot more fulfilling. I had a woman on the street once who started kind of freaking out on me because I didn't say if I ever healed someone or not. To her, if I had not healed someone miraculously, then I was not a Christian. What a bunch of bologna!

And one has to ponder whether she had actually healed anyone herself... Some of those extreme Christians live in serious delusion; never having even witnessed anything supernatural, but claiming everyone has to do some amazing feat to show that the Holy Spirit is with them. You should have asked her to heal you of some minor ailment.. I'm sure you could have come up with a hang nail or something..