Thread: Mind and Ego
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 01:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
In a way your personalising the mind and suggesting the mind has an agenda to keep you within / of it .

I see the mind perhaps differently from most in that it is the environment for one to experience the mind-body experience .

The mind in that respect is impartial to whether you can transcend it or not or become trapped within it's fields of supposed influence .

Is it the mind's fault that one can be swayed by the sense of one's ego? I say not .

x daz x

Yes mind is not concerned about ego's attempt to undermine it because it will simply not allow that to happen.The purpose of mind as our protector reamins constant.

What I'm suggesting is that each organism has its own mind as the protector of that organism in terms of providing solutions to discomfort. Do we not know from our own experience that we have that operating? Mind in this sense is defined as the activity of the brain.

That the child ego gets into wanting to usurp the parent mind by quitening it, is ego with inflated ideas of its own importance. A defense gone haywire. Mind will not allow this to happen and will, as a last resort, destroy the ego rather than allow itself to be undermined in that way. Our mental hospitals are full of those whose idea of self/character has disintegrated.