Thread: Kabbalah
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
That is beautiful, particularly the part about "walking blind with the *?* that some firm ground would rise to take my footfalls".

That sounds like true SURRENDER to me, and that is the way that I try to live --- surrendering to the divine spark inherent in all whereby the answers to all questions (*?*) are revealed. It's not in the words but in the "heart", as you duly noted.

It is wisely said that "instructions are needed only so long as one has not surrendered completely". With complete and total surrender to the divine inherent in all, books and words and lectures become unnecessary and actually superfluous other than as a common ground for communication in forums such as these.

The *?* isn't denoting any kind of question, just when I came to it the option of words to describe what I was referring to lacked all-encompassing precision and I did not know what word to put there. Faith, audacity, foolish-wisdom, courage, surrender, humbleness, trust? boldness? challenge? stubbornness? arrogant mage pride?

By your last paragraph though looking soberly at the human condition, instruction will always be needed. I think an early mistake (?) I made was in approaching God with empathy.... the notion that if I could imagine myself walking around in God's shoes I could figure God out and then ascertain the truth and right judgment/assessment of God. Kabbalah at its start acknowledges that God is unknowable, that there are many interfaces expression of God in the world/human condition, and that the business of humans is to respond to the presence and the inter-action of those interfaces, and to know their place and path and places, and to reach. I think a person raised with a full (FULL) understanding of the Hebrew language and the true resonant full meaning of those words, who had read and learned and walked the walk and lived the life, would gain much richness from that study contemplation journey. For the outsider to that rich ancient culture perhaps as you seem to suggest it would be better served to look direct to god for other paths of understanding. But always that faith/courage/*?* that we grow toward God even knowing that ultimate knowing of God is unknowable.