View Single Post
Old 19-04-2016, 02:56 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
I work as a sleep technologist and actually run the tests...

Sleep studies can cover neurological problems in addition to physical problems...

The problem with medication is if a person has untreated sleep apnea and they take a sleep aid, the sleep aid relaxes the muscles in the body which can worsen the person's sleep apnea...Sometimes, I've had patients who still have insomnia in addition to sleep apnea, so they have to wear a CPAP machine to fix the physical problem and take medication to fix the neurological problem...For some people, sleep disorders can be complex and it is possible to have more than one sleep disorder...

http://www.mysleepapneamd.com/blog/s...ep-apnea-worse

Yes, I would also hope a trained Psychiatrist would refer their patient's to consider having a sleep study done and not just prescribe them medications as the only treatment option...

Some people can be stubborn, yes... :)

OK, thank you for that, this is good to know. The overall conclusion I take is, this issue of insomnia is one that modern medicine has addressed from different angles and there is treatment. The journey you may want to go on is not a spiritual one but a medical one.