View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Sybilline

I'm not really too sure that Christianity is a system used to manipulate people or make them stay in line. I mean what does that make the Pope and all the other Christian leaders?

Atheists? Agnostics? Pagans? Scientologists? Behind this "facade" of this Christianity, what DO they believe?

I think, maybe, at one point it was used to control masses, but just maybe. That was hundreds of years ago, which means that the current rulers and leaders, they weren't even born yet, and when they were taught Christianity, they were probably little children too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe Christianity is used to manipulate, control, get money, etc., but probably not intentionally. Who knows, maybe they really do think that what they are doing is right, and that they honestly believe that they can ask forgiveness for whatever "bad" stuff they did. Perhaps, they are not scaring us with the intention of scaring us. Perhaps, they too, are scared.

I know most of us think that it's ridiculous to be able to simply "Sin" and then SINCERELY ask for forgiveness and that would make everything ok, but I can look back to where I used to be and I can remember thinking that all of that made sense.

And I agree with Seawolf. Countless times we have heard the Hell threats. But if you noticed, Christianity is also what caused us to seek answers in the first place, and I think that's something I personally can thank it for.