View Single Post
Old 23-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamextremes
I have depression also and I deal with what you've described on a daily basis.

I agree with Lucyan. You have to get yourself in a better spot before you will ever be able to put energy into helping others the way you want to. Those who truly care about your wellbeing should (ultimately) support you, regardless of the steps you must take to get yourself in a better place mentally, emotionally, spiritually.

Depression can become a pervasive mental illness, if you let it. The fact that you are at a point where you don't feel "normal" means that you are recognizing that you need some sort of change in order to get back to "normal."

When dealing with depression, every moment may seem like a battle. Everything becomes too overwhelming. So, the most important thing for you to do is to focus on yourself in order to get better and to get to a place where you feel like you can deal with life again. Others may not fully understand, but remember that right now, you do need to put yourself first. It's not selfish, in fact, it's the right thing to do imo.

I hope things get better for you really soon.

"It's a moment to moment journey."

This explanation is both wise and clear dreamextremes