Thread: Squats
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2017, 08:40 AM
Master
Squats

Hail weightlifters.

Last month I hit 60 kilos on the squat, but it was a bit of a grind and not good form. I dropped back the weight to 45 kilos adding 2.5 kilos each training time, to get the perfect squat technique.

Today I hit 60 kilos (135 lbs) with flawless technique, straight down, all solid, and straight up again.

Not that heavy you say? No, it isn't. But 6 months ago I couldn't even do a squat due to poor body mobility, but every week I continued my mobility drills until I could complete the full range of motion.

To hit 60 kilos is a big landmark because that is putting full plates on the bar for the first time - and rocking it!

It is the minimum for what can be called 'strong'. Now it goes up from there. There is no more 'weak'. And after hitting 60, there is no more 'strong', either. There is only 'stronger' going forward.

Anyone who squats understands what a thing it is. It's the ultimate lift.

Personally, I think the deadlift is 'equally ultimate', and last time I pulled 100 kilos for for 5.

Come out of the woodwork you strong, strong people, for a new strong one has emerged from weakness!