View Single Post
Old 25-01-2017, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdojo
Decide on a day, write it down, and then mentally prepare yourself to start when that day arrives. Also, the best way which I have found to stick with it is to exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY. This means it becomes a part of your routine, keeps up your momentum and also your motivation. If you take rest days then this slows momentum and you're more likely to get lazy and skip your workouts.
Bingo!

I'm lazy. I admit it.

I should be doing my physio exercises every day because the mantra is "If you don't use it, you lose it" which is pretty much followed by "no pain, no gain".

Exercise just seemed too 'strenuous' for me when even walking to my letter box and back is 'strenuous' enough! lol

I'm thinking of starting with low-impact stuff like Tai Chi and Yoga, but only basic stuff and only for half an hour a day...this is in addition to doing my physio exercises at home.

Even if you do it for 6/7 days a week, you can 'reward yourself' by taking one day off - the same day each week, where you can sit on your behind all day if you want to, as long as you are prepared to get up the very next day, and stick to your 6/7 routine.

Besides having 'one day off' as a motivational reward, you can pay yourself for doing exercise and treat yourself after a time...like pay yourself $5 an hour and put it in a tin, then at the end of the month, you'll have like $120 to spend on something nice for yourself.

Listen to music that uplifts and inspires you whilst exercising and exercise with other people if you can. Just being with others doing the same thing can be motivational within itself.

All this I figured out and I am trying to do it, so all the best to both of us.