View Single Post
Old 26-05-2019, 11:45 PM
Newbie ;)

I believed I experienced divine intervention and would love to hear opinions.

To make a long (backstory) short, I've been going through a tough time recently. Not your standard depression, but beyond that - hopelessness.

So I was craving going out to eat but didn't have anyone to go with, no problem - I decided I'd go alone.

Normally I never do this, but this time I just felt different. I went to a small diner and sat down at a booth. The way I was seated left me facing a middle aged woman who was absolutely beautiful. She was facing towards me and we never even made eye contact.

I get to talking to the waitress and have her laughing about sitting alone, that's I'm not a serial killer and all of the jokes that go along with being one of the token diner "characters" you see from time to time. We talk about standard life stuff and she tells me she wants to go to school for medicine.

As she says this - the woman in front of me listens intently and starts to talk to me about schooling, medicine, ect. The conversation progresses towards politics, spiritualism and religion She says "Is it okay if I sit with you? I'm having a hard time hearing you" (As was I, she had a thick accent).

So this random woman comes and sits with me and would not leave. I mean, I had no problem with it - but we talked for 2 hours. She told me to just have faith in god and that things would work out, that no matter what happened - to keep praying and trusting. Apparently she had experienced a rough past as well.

The best way I can put it, is that there was some type of force that set this occurrence up. I wasn't flirting / hitting on her, I wasn't trying to humor her by having a conversation. It just happened. A random woman comes and speaks to me for 2 hours about having faith.

When I attempted to greet her, she wouldn't tell me her name. I wasn't offended, I didn't even ask as to why. I had a hunch that she may of thought that I would've tried to look her up or something, but I just asked for the sake of being polite.

The strangest part is that when I was driving to the diner I said "I'm going here for a reason. I have a feeling there is going to be some kind of interaction, I don't know what or how - but something is different about tonight".

When she left she couldn't stop staring at me, I've never met anyone with such strong / forceful eye contact. I don't focus on her appearance or any type of attraction because that wasn't the point, it was that she was SUCH an impactful character that came out of nowhere and then disappeared without so much as a name.