View Single Post
Old 31-01-2016, 12:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallandcute
I'm one of those that's wants to be shown the nitty gritty either by my guides or others but still being protected. I feel that I'm heading down a darker path and will be for a little while to come, not forever but a couple of years tops.

Here is something from the text "From Beast to Godhead": Chthonic is depicted in all myths as the Underworld, Hell or Hades. Jungian author James Hillman considers this Underworld to be the residence of the soul, the place the hero must descend in order to find his essence. Down there in the underworld of oneself is where you face your fears and overcome your weaknesses, but it is also a place where it is easy to feel lost. You are dwelling deep within your own darkness removed from the light of the world.

I like these words of Achilles: Go to the far banks of the river Styx to visit grief and sorrow, and you might not make it back on your own. In the path of healing it is important to transmute those two into joy, and he makes a simple reminder that though you might feel alone in the darkness of your underworld, there is an importance in asking for help if you need it

Even more I like these words from the underworld Goddess Melinoe: The caterpillar weaves itself in a web of darkness just to emerge as a beautiful butterfly.