View Single Post
Old 23-12-2016, 02:55 AM
Suspended
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
I'd say Duality and Non-Duality are modes of experience which correspond to functional modes of consciousness.
When you say "Non Duality would be the perception of things" that is duality because in Non-Duality 'things' are not experienced.
Duality is the working mode of consciousness, the mode of everyday life, of work and science and scientific progress, of dates, parties, happiness and sadness ...
Non-duality is a possible mode of rest, non-doing, evenness, selflessness .... In non-duality you cannot go shopping

Things can certainly be experienced outside of the conceptual dualisms. A person can like the look of a watch without disliking the look of another watch... Well, that's where it gets interesting. Some people can't... I can, and people who experience life without a fixation locked within the scope of dualisms can.

Avoiding entering a conversation of post-modernism, is it possible to experience something without not-appreciating something else? Not from my perspective, and not from the perspective of the worshippers of Shiva of ancient Vedic religions. You can simply enjoy things without initially feeling 'hungry' for them.

But that escapes the point really. I like that clock though, not sure why. If i'm not sure why, is dualism relevant?