View Single Post
Old 19-12-2016, 02:36 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by William 辰
Duality has nothing to do with nature or natural laws, and very little with emotions, words and thoughts.
It is not something you can easily identify: 'Duality' is defined as the 'battle' between the higher self and the corporeal self. Are you allowing your soul to come through, or not? Maybe most of the time? Or not quite often? And then that shapes your views about the world, together with all the emotions, words and thoughts.
And you don't have to think about this. You do this automatically. But you can control it, if you focus on your emotions. If you want a better life, it starts with focusing on your positive emotions.
That's what duality is: The "battle" between the higher self and the corporeal self. And with it the choice to focus on positive experiences or negative ones.

That's not the definition of Duality, what so ever. Why would you even say that... It's bizarre when people just make up their own definitions and run on that. lol You don't know the definition I was using the word with, clearly. Here it is straight from the dictionary.

an instance of opposition or contrast between two concepts or two aspects of something; a dualism.

To side with positive emotions doesn't benefit anyone in any way. Ignoring negative emotions!? Because you can't say 'focus on' without then implying that you should 'not focus on'. Emotions are not there to be had, they're there to observe. You can tell this by the fact that it's what people naturally immediately and always do. 'I am feeling something', if said in a logical way would be 'I am observing my feelings doing______' because 'we' asin the sentient agent, is not doing any emotions.

The dualism has absolutely nothing to do with any specific dualism. It has to do with, in this context, the psychological process of humans to exclusivize what it considers to be opposite things. For instance, we observe light and dark on a spectrum, we consider as a result that dark is opposite to light. But this isn't objectively true, things can be both. Just as emotions can feel positive, yet BE negative.

Example: With particular brain disorders, people become very satisfied watching small creatures being killed slowly. This is a 'positive' emotion for them, but it's definitely not a positive emotion. It's extremely negative.

No different, you can be honest about being dishonest, breaking the implicit assumption that you are Either an honest person, or a dishonest person.

I don't really understand though, how what your post said related what so ever to what mine said. I wonder if you even actually read it.