View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 08:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
This idea 'hit me on a deeper level' recently. I was familiar with the concept already, for many years, but I feel that I really grasped it, that I made intellectual knowledge experiential knowledge.

We all have a different view of things, of ourselves, of others, of God. Each of you sees me in a different way, you have a 'version' of me, but none of you see me EXACTLY as I am. Nor do I know or understand myself perfectly.

The apostle Paul says, 'We see through a glass, darkly,' and, 'We know in part.'

Another example is the idea of 'attack'. Some people feel frequently violated. They may say, 'People are so mean to me! Why does everyone keep attacking me?!' But they have a VIEW of attack that is largely mistaken. 'Attack' is a loaded word. Some people feel that a very minor attack is a grave personal insult. So if we take things personally, our perception isn't in accord with actuality.

The goal is 'clear sight', 'true perception'. But we first have to deeply realize that 'perception is not reality'. We need to make an absolute distinction in our minds between what WE SEE and OBJECTIVE REALITY. Doing this opens the door to the recognition is WHAT IS.

In my understanding of my own process, I do recall perception fell away. I cant recall exactly what it was all about, as it was a number of years ago, but I do remember it was part of the process of opening deeper to see more beyond that point in myself, open to more and keep going beyond that. I know when I am seeing things as they are and what is, I am still and present and not reacting inwardly. Its like allowing the fullness of what is, externally moving and being, to move through me, to open up a deeper reflection in myself. So my whole self is engaged, yet present and still with what is as a whole outside of myself. My response or actions from that point are more clear and wise to me. That feeling of emptiness dancing comes to mind. Clarity of being-seeing through those eyes, total acceptance. If my whole self feels clear in the engagement I know I am present and accepting more conscious and mindfully aware of what is. I am both unmoved and moved to recognise what is more clearly in this way of being.

Know thyself-know others is part of this.
I am always getting to know myself, because I am always self reflecting, regardless of what moves outside of myself. In this way I keep myself in check and ensure I am deepening into that emptiness dancing point of self realization ongoing.

Some call this being an open clear channel. Getting out of your own way. :)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder