View Single Post
Old 27-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Experiencer
To the OP, my answer is Idk.
I'm visiting a spiritualist group but I just go to public sessions, I've never been to the circle.
Last night one of them asked me to check a couple of messages, letters channeled by mediums while we were sit there listening to the expositor.
Thing is I'm not really expecting any message, Ive never even noticed those letters there on my previous visits. I just go there 'cause I feel more comfortable about how they treat many subjects of spiritual development. You know, telling us to grow and learn even with disappointments in life instead of blaming others or devil like most of churches I've been do.
So anyway I scanned them quickly as most of people were interested in finding one letter for them but I didn't see anything relevant to me.
One thing I noticed was someone calling a guy, to which he replied he had already checked but there was nothing for him that day, implying he had received messages in other occasion.
Very well, I'm half believer, half skeptic. That's just me but while I was reading I could only think that all letters seemed generic...perhaps just to me Idk. I felt like Gem just said:
Quote:
Prolly find that most are 'winging it', and only occasionally one is more certain, then there'd be some discretion about what should or shouldn't be said, and it's not like 'spill all the beans', so the things that are said often don't ring true, and when it does ring true it isn't the whole picture.

Most letters were for an aunt, for a mother...from sons, from husbands, etc. They're almost all signed, only exception being 2. One I saw no signature and another one was just 2 initials.

Can't just they address the person by name instead of calling mom, dad? Or limiting the message to one person would increase the chances of it not being correct?

I don't mean to be offensive but I could come up with such stories in a short space of time, I mean, I don't channel, but I have an active mind for writing and I can come up with stuff quite easily. But then again that's me. Just last week I realized I have hypergraphia and I guess it's associated with me being bipolar.

So it really leaves me wondering about if some mediums perhaps may have not the intent to lie or fake, but they're channeling their inner self or ego and really believe it's a message from someone else.

This spiritual group was founded many years ago, so it's not like they have a bad reputation or anything and they do lots of charity, which is really great.

While I was praying there I was thinking about 2 people, one was my friend that died years ago and is becoming somewhat frequent in my dreams lately; the other was a famous person that died this year that the subject of the week on the spiritualist group reminded me.
In my praying I said to my friend how I never tell any friend ever that I love them, even feeling it, 'cause it was just me, you know. I can't say such things, I'm a kinda blocked person.
So I was walking to my house, passed in front of a bar. It was playing a song where the singer said at the intro: "hey, if you have a friend, tell him/her you love them, it's something we don't usually go saying, that we love your friends, so right now come over hug them, say that you love them."
It's a song about friendship, that I have heard before but definitely wasn't expecting to listen on my way home. At my house, I turn on the TV to watch series and I just see a movie with that famous person that I was thinking.

Are the majority of mediums wrong? Idk, but some messages come to us with no need of mediums and seem very true.