View Single Post
Old 13-02-2018, 12:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi OEN34,

A decent read I recommend for beginners is a book called, "Awakening the Buddha Within" by Lama Surya Das. Its a simple read with a lot of basics but unlike other intro books, this one has a little more heart I feel. The book has been well received by critics and book readers alike. Personally, I feel the study is not for at this time as my area of exploration is focused elsewhere in this period of my life. Hence, I agree with an earlier comment to just explore the basics with a simple intro source and see if it calls you in to study further..

Do you live near any Buddha temples? Sometimes it helps to aquatint yourself with a group or visit a temple and acquaint yourself with staff and feel the environment, maybe you'll feel a pull or calling from the environment to explore further. Here where I live in Florida they have a few Buddha temples and areas of worship It's always fascinating to see them

I found this thread to be useful and rich with resources. It was interesting to browse though it..

Good luck and happy surfing

Cloves