View Single Post
Old 31-01-2018, 03:38 PM
Master
As someone who has suffered from depression for 10 years, and has just come to the realizations that will hopefully allow me to kick depressions butt, what davidsun states resonates very much and I find that he does know what he is talking about!

I realised that my mind mostly thinks negatively, I grew up in a very negative environment which taught me a lot of negative ways to perceive myself. I realise that I have the power to change the way I see things, and to take the positive out of situations that would normally cause me to spiral into a deeper depression. I realise the reason this happens and why we feel depressed, is because depression is a feeling that shows something is not right, we are not our feelings, but rather they are a barometer of how our energy is and what we perceive. I feel depression is a symptom of being disconnected from our true selves, of God, or universal flow, whatever you believe in. Situations that I normally am ignorant to, or I used to get the hump with because I hadn't reached a higher state of awareness; now becomes a positive situation and a positive feeling because I make this CHOICE for it to be that way. Before, I didn't recognise my own power, therefore I felt a victim to my life, and its this type of thinking, among many other negative ways, that cause us to feel bad feelings, which over time causes depression. Now I do good things for myself, I train my brain to be positive and I look after myself. I feel more in control of myself now than ever, my moods improve although I am aware that there are still aspects of me that need healing, as there are times when I mess up and feel bad., no-one is perfect.

An example of this that I realised last night. I got annoyed because I noticed my partner had thrown away my piece of Sage when I wanted to do a moon ritual. I had seen it kicking around, but as he took it out the bag to use it, I assumed he would put it back so I left it there. When I found out last night I felt upset and told him I was annoyed and to please leave me alone until I calm down. He didn't take this well and said a lot of things that upset me. I cried for a few minutes then stopped. Usually I would cry for hours, be a complete mess, and be affected for days after. Now, through hard work, I am able to control myself much more and realise the truth in a situation instead of the narrow view of my own perception. I realised through reflecting, that if I really cared about the sage I would have put it away when I saw it, and really it is not a big deal, I can imagine I am using sage and I imagine angels, guides etc will help anyway along with my own intentions. So really there was no need for me to get the hump or to say anything to my partner when he was having a bad day. Taking ownership of ourselves and our own energy, I believe, is the best thing someone can do who is suferring from depression! We have the power to change!

I've heard God's guidance inside me for years, telling me to not be so harsh, or quick to judge a situation, or to get upset, or that the other person hasn't actually done what I perceive they have, or that I should say sorry etc and I've ignored it and been stubborn, I've let my brain tell me a negative narrative that everyone in my life will only hurt me, that I'm not good enough to deserve loving relationships etc and that caused me to be disconnected and suffer from not having authentic relationships, with God, with myself and with others. Its actions like this that I believe cause depression, at least for myself, because it is misdirected energy, and we all came here to be masters of our life and our energies hence why we have free will. Up until this point I wouldn't have seen things in the past that way, because I wasn't ready, so we must walk our own paths. I do believe we all have the power in the NOW to decide who we want to be and how we want to feel as a result of that. Wishing you all the best and I trust that you will find peace in your heart!