View Single Post
Old 23-08-2019, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
Yikes, I wonder what Jesus would think of me now..

For most of my life I have practiced turning the other cheek. It’s rather galling to realize, after so many years of living, the need to toughen up and toss everyone out of the temple.. Oh but wait, I recall he did that as well.

Keep smiling and "Nihil illegitamus carborundum" - don't let the illegitamates grind you down, that really ticks them off. You're better than that.

Less talk, more practice.. Thank you Greenslade for your post today.
Hi Anne -

The restroom graffiti I came across was "Illegitimus non carborundum est." which translates as "Don't let the b*stards grind you down!" LOL

Re Jesus's turn the other cheek advice, in my treatise "What Did Jesus Really Mean?" I wrote:
Many who think that being unconditionally ‘kind’ and/or equally ‘generous’ in relation to others was what Jesus advocated in the ‘name’ of Universal Love don’t realize that his ‘turn the other cheek’, ‘give him your shirt also’ and ‘walk an extra mile if and when compelled to walk one’ statements (see Mathew 5:39-41) shrewdly coached physiosocially ‘powerless’ people to psychospiritually embarrass and thereby (hopefully) pique the conscience of those who were being unconscionably coercive and exploitative (in face of the fact that they would invite and likely incur further abuse if they attempted to ‘resist’ such treatment). His endorsement of the use of ‘embarrassment’ and ‘showing people up’ (for the abusers that they are!) as tactics in service of the cause of ‘truth and justice’ is especially apparent in his advice that folks take off and give their shirts (as well!) to anyone who sued them for and were being awarded their coats (for non-payment of debt), because the men in his culture just wore (long) shirts under their (long) coats, and they would therefore thereby ‘flash’ and ‘moon’ (i.e. expose their genitals and asses to) their persecutors!☺