View Single Post
Old 23-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwitch95
I cast my first circle today, and as I was doing so I could really feel how my worries and fears just melted away. It really felt like a sacred space, a safe haven in an otherwise chaotic world.

I figured I would try and meditate a little inside the circle, but I was completely distracted by the flame on my candle. I ended up just staring at the flame, and saw something I've never noticed before, in all my years of staring at flames. I could actually see how the flame stretched towards the ceiling (I was indoors), almost as though it tried to detach itself from the candle. Suddenly it split into three, and appeared to me like it was a person reaching for the sky! I was overcome with a feeling of joy, couldn't stop smiling and laughing, and even shed a tear or two.

Is this normal or even real - or it this just something my imagination conjured up?

It is real. You've experienced it.

I've noticed something similar at times when I sit and watch a candle flame- it looks like how you've described, it splits into 3 and then it dances. I call it watching the flame dance.

You said you were overcome with joy, and you smiled and laughed.

I wouldn't worry about whether or not, the actions of the flame were normal.

The joy you felt certainly is.

Yes it was real. You experienced it, that is what makes it real. You experienced a moment, that brought you joy.

Moments like these are as real as you and I.

Blessings.