Thread: Observation
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes. It's me that became distracted and I should have been aware I was only getting roped into futility, but I noticed I was saying things that were inane, and started wondering why I was stating the obvious, the Jeremy gave me the reminder, so I stopped. On 'letting go'... well, observation is to notice what is, but it doesn't mean passivity. For example a child falls in the pool and it's not as though I'm like 'it is'. I jump to it and pull the child from the water lest they drown! Then I comfort the child because I wish them to be happy. That illustrates kindness.

Yes I noticed in reflection Jeremy opened me to notice something more too. I see what your showing in the whole shared space of one's response, which in relation to what I am sharing about emptiness and emptiness moving itself mindful and attentive to what is there and what the "need" of that shared space does, relates back in me to why I was moved to respond as I did. If your the one called to dive in and respond then its natural your going to do it the way you as you believe you will. What moves in that shared space all the same is something that may change up and change you in the way you thought you might respond. I guess every situation and circumstance is going to be what it is with potential for more to be seen, responded too, which could have you move very different to what your may have envisioned would be. Which of course makes every situation unique in the response it may require for you, the one responding. As an example you could pull the child out and believe you would comfort the child in kindness, that would be the most natural aware thing to do. But awareness of the whole space might require you to act differently as to what you might anticipate would be your reaction towards them. Comfort might be ducking their hands trying to get you away from them because they have an aversion to touch or a stranger engaging them in such circumstances. All the same one would try their best in whatever was going on in that space, I would imagine..
Quote:
I don't think what happened was offering a view. I think it was a tack to start an argument, and I got sucked in. There were signs of this I should have been wise to, but my own excitement got the better of me and started saying childish things. Luckily I noticed it and readjusted myself. That's what I suggest to other people. Not 'don't do it' (I never even said that), and I'm now repeating what I did say earlier on, but be conscious and aware of what you're doing. I'm now the example of how one can become distracted and become less mindful of what they do. But I am also the example of noticing that distraction and returning to conscious self awareness. Well, it's only appropriate I should demonstrate my own point, innit!

I didn't notice an argument but certainly something that wanted to keep on repeating itself just from a different angle of itself, but going over the same thing, if that makes sense. I kind of envision this more, moving around itself at the core aware and pin pointing from every angle of that awareness, the same thing over and over, which seems silly really. The movement, in this way, then maintains itself not really moving out of that "space" because it keeps going around in circles with itself.. Yes its good to self reflect and move differently when you feel yourself caught up in others moving around the core, rather than entering into it to notice how that is and consequently then, how it can move and listen differently, engage differently and not keep going round and round in and of itself the same ole same ole way..You can demonstrate anyway you want. I got no issues with it at all. Just moving myself to share as it lands and falls.

Quote:
Well, I'm not going to talk about emptiness because Buddhist threads do tend to bring it up, and it has usually been played like the expert's trump card in the past, and leads to argument/right/wrong, which I strongly discourage in the same sense that I discourage willfully drowning babies! That said, I appreciate your view in speaking from yourself

Fair enough and thanks for showing appreciation of my view.

Quote:
Right - that sounds a bit like what I call 'purification'. Or maybe 'transformation'. Or even 'integration'.

Yep all three could/can fit that space.

Quote:
small benefit.
Yep, you know yourself so have little to nothing to prove. Me, I know my own nature so I'm only interested in the conversation as it unfolds, but I realised I need to become more alert to obstacles in the flow, and I gladly eat my humble pie as I learned there is that I have to watch out for which tends to arise in myself and distract me into a reactive process. I will recognise that much more easily from now on, and this means the thread has filled its purpose in that I, at least, gained some

Yes your showing the nature of moving more open and aware, willing to reflect through the nature of your own flow with the obstacles as they present themselves. I tend to do this and speaking out loud the process tends to support that shared space too.

Quote:
I would say life is moving, and that's how it is, being aware of 'what is' basically opens up the freedom of that movement - and possibly more.

Quote:
Yes. A lot of the spiritual talk could be inferred as flat, robotic disposition, rather than the vibrant, vital quality which is noticeable as life. I think this happens when people try to teach truths, but in this thread I discourage that and encourage the observation, to notice for each of ourselves 'what it's like' to be alive. I know I went off track, but this just demonstrates what happens when the discourse becomes separate from the practice. Notice one's own distractions, and upon noticing them, you've become consciously aware - right?

I like that, vital, vibrant qualities moving through the flow. I know you notice the subtle nature of such matters as I do too. The movements of it's knowing moving itself, rather then the movements of its knowing and life force, moving as one. There is a definitive difference if one notices this in themselves. I mean we are a fully functioning human beings so the awareness of yourself as you know yourself to be, doesn't require one to linger in the guts of that, but move that into the guts of you more holistically as a whole grounded being. I am with you on the nature of observation and self reflection on what it is like to be more vitally alive as your presence in life rather than being the zombie I mentioned. I mean their is nothing wrong with zombies, but I think the mind can bet caught up in and of itself sometimes and what it is being, that the shift from the mind deeper into that fullness of ones being/mind, body, can show much more in the deepening of yourself and how you are with yourself and other life.

Thanks for showing things as you did, it was good observation for myself understanding and noticing more..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder